Lots has been happening during the last 8 weeks, so here's the news:
- I took part in the Firepole Marketing Great Online Marketing Scavenger Hunt, had a great time and learned a lot – see my posts at the start and the end. As a result, I've improved this blog, including adding a very important page.
- I've ordered another 100 copies of Alina and contacted all the shops for the new season. Unfortunately the Friends of Oystermouth Castle decided to sell only their own books in the gift shop, so inside Alina's Chapel there's no book about Alina. It doesn't make sense to me, but the nearest bookshop is delighted, and ordered extra copies.
- I've finished writing and editing my new book, Broken Reed: The Lords of Gower and King John. I formatted it the same as Alina and it's 8 pages longer.
- I talked to my printer and he quoted me for printing, so now I have to decide whether to shorten it or absorb the extra cost, as I want both books to be the same price. I think I might compromise and reduce it by 4 pages – but where?
- My cover designer is working on the cover, and I met with my illustrator and decided on the illustrations. I'm trying not to be impatient as they're working for free again.
In between my husband's had the flu, I've had the flu, the family has visited, and life in general has been busy. I missed one or two blog posts because of it. Now all I have to do is: